Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

"Mom Fail"

I'm having one of those "mom fail" days...you know the ones?!

I was whining to my husband about it and he said, "Blog about it!" HA! So, here I am...I'm posting about my not so great morning in the area of motherhood.

Do you ever feel like you just can't get all your ducks in a row? Like there's always some aspect of your life as a wife/mom/homemaker that's suffering? Well, I've sort of been living in that place for a while. Like last night I finally finished and put away ALL THE LAUNDRY...but now the kitchen is a mess and I really need to wash and change all the sheets on all the beds, and I need to start making product for my shop and a show coming up......

Ugh.

Finish one project just to start another one. It can get mindless sometimes.

And this morning, I realized that I'm incredibly unorganized and it's suffering in the area of remembering the one thousand things I need to remember for Micah's kindergarten class and Gavin's preschool class.

I forgot to send Micah with his library books. Library day is Wednesdays.

I  have thought all week that his field trip is on Friday and it's tomorrow. He needs to bring a juice box. I don't have any and I just got home from the store.

Today was fall party day at Gavin's school...aaaaand supposedly they were supposed to wear a costume for a parade...oops. Had to run home and grab a pirate hat so he wouldn't feel left out.

I know my boys won't remember any of this and I really do know that I haven't scarred them for life, but sometimes I'm feeling like there's just too much to remember and I'm not doing a great job of remembering even 50% of it.

So. Take and deep breath.
Know that I AM LOVED BY THE MAKER OF THE UNIVERSE!

Let myself off the hook.

Forget about what teachers or other parents might be thinking about the "not-so-all-together mom" that I may appear to be.

My boys are loved. I am a good mom.

I may need a little organization help as I transition into a "school mom", but that's okay. Let's get some organization tools and move forward.

Phew! I feel much better! HA!

Anyone else feel me on the "mom fail"???
HAPPY WEDNESDAY! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment