Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, April 29, 2011

Happily Ever After...

Everyone is abuzz with the royal wedding this morning...

She looks so beautiful! I'm in L-O-V-E with that dress!

I admit that I went online this morning and watched the highlights! It was incredible!

Talking with people this week, there was a sense of excitement about this wedding and people were making all sorts of plans for celebrating with the rest of the world!

It got me to thinking...

Why was I excited...interested...dying to see strangers take their wedding vows (oh...and the dress...I couldn't wait to see the dress!)???

I think it's because each of us are longing for the epic romance of Jesus. We are wanting to be chosen by the Prince of the Universe. We want someone to call us up and call us out from the crowds. To put a ring on a finger and a crown on our heads and pronounce us royalty before the nations of the earth. To embrace us and take our hand. We want to be swept away by a love that will never fail us!

As a girl, I want to be beautifully displayed by my Lover for all the world to see! I want His eyes to light up as He sees me walk towards Him. I want the whole world to fade away when we're together. I want a steadfast burning for all eternity kind of love not found here among the mortal.

It's not a an unrequited dream or fantasy. It's DONE. It's HERE.

The Bridegroom stands in waiting as the Beloved in made lovely.

We will one day be united in the greatest wedding celebration the world has ever known.

I can't wait.


1 comment:

  1. * epic romance of jesus
    * chosen by the prince of the universe
    * the bridgegroom stands in waiting as the beloved is made lovely

    amazing words, beautiful picture, love it!

    ReplyDelete