Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, June 17, 2011

4th of July Craft and A CAUSE!!!

Hey! So, it's been a while since I've done something crafty...

I found this adorable 4th of July wreath inspiration via Pinterest (my new obsession!) 

Thank you The Creative Imperative

Isn't it cute!! I love me a good yarn wreath and I couldn't pass up a chance to make one!

We're not spending the 4th at our house, however...so Vickie...this one is going to your house this weekend for you to have! Hope you like it!

Here's my finished version...


I decided to be a bit more literal and actually made the 13 stripes of the flag 
and I also did a few more stars!

It's a really simple project! I bought a small straw wreath at the Hobs and yarn in navy, white, and red.

The stars are from Joann's and they came in a bag with like 50, so I'll be using them forever! I painted them white with plain old craft paint and hot glued them on!

Simple....well besides the crazy amount of wrapping involved, but I find it therapeutic! HA!


Can you tell I'm LOVING me some picnik?? HA!

So, there you go...



In other news, me and a friend are joining together to "craft for a cause"!

Want the serious dets...check out Jenni's amazing BLOG (right now! CLICK!)

Ok...so we have some crafty and creative friends who like to get together and make things and this month we're making something for someone else. Specifically, we're making blankets for kids affected by the recent tornadoes in Joplin, MO. We will be partnering with a local church there who has a relief organization!

Here's Jenni's beautiful blanket!! Check out more at her blog!!


We'd love some help!

Would you like to come to our Monday night craft night?

Would you like to donate money for us to make a blanket for you?

Would you like to make a blanket and mail it directly to Missouri?

Join with us to show a little love to the little people hurting in this part of our nation. I can't think of anything more patriotic to do as we near Independence Day!!!

If your interested, leave me a comment and I'll give you all the details and answer any questions you might have!

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment